This is my new blog to update whomever is interested on my comings and goings. For the time being I am sure it will be much about the house I just bought. Read, don't read, whatever works for you...I guarantee nothing. :) Cheers!

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

What's up

What isn't? So not a lot of pictures, not a lot of posting, not a lot of time. Work-work has kicked up a notch (or 10) so there hasn't been a lot of work on the house. Which is unfortunate since winter is coming and I live in Michigan. I am still living in Murray (the RV), currently without propane, although I do have an electric space heater. However the propane also heats the water, so no hot water for days now. This morning I microwaved about 5 little bowls of water to get enough to do some wash up. Oh my. This transitional living is wearing thin with the temperature being in the 50s. I am hoping for another week or so of warm.

The house goals have changed. Right now I am just trying to get the rental livable, so I can get moved in before my next trip to OC. Then I can work on my side. Once that is done, I can move over there – then rent out the unit. Whew. So much. I already have made somewhere in the family of a half dozen contractor calls today. Hard to coordinate everyone and everything. I lit the boiler (no forced air system for me) and low and behold it went out. Drat. So now I have to have DTE (gas company) come out and check it out. Guess what they gave me for a window, this Friday from 8am to 8pm. Convenient - I know. And they call ahead, if they go to voicemail, they consider it a cancel and charge you $95. Nice. So the phone has to go everywhere with you. So much for not being the weird person on the phone in the bathroom.

2 Comments:

Blogger ZooooM said...

Don't let Jerome have the phone. You'll have a cancellation or three. Tell him if he doesn't behave, you'll burn him for fuel.

11:38 PM

 
Blogger liannallama said...

Oh, dang! I hate utility companies! Good luck getting some heat soon and hot water!

9:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home