This is my new blog to update whomever is interested on my comings and goings. For the time being I am sure it will be much about the house I just bought. Read, don't read, whatever works for you...I guarantee nothing. :) Cheers!

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Contractor Time

So I have begun contractor time. The plumber was out for 2+ days, but now I have good hot water pressure in all taps but one. Gotta have him back out. Lucky Logan, the plumber man. Meanwhile, after I removed all of the ba-gillion cabinets in bath #1, I realized there is a pipe coming out of the wall on an angle going into another wall, only shows about 6-8” and guess what? it’s leaking. And no wonder, there is a big hole in the bottom of the pipe. Eek. Hello Mr. Plummber, come on out to visit again. This of course does not count having them come back out to install and fix all of the fixtures, once I have walls. J

The electrician has been in one attic and all 3 of the crawl spaces under the house. Fred, the old guy that owned the place before me, got some electrical work done, but his buddy didn’t do any of the hard stuff. So that is what we are working on. Getting all the old knob and tube wiring out and installing 3-way connductors. Nifty. Who knew I would think this sort of stuff was great, just a mere 3 months ago.

I have help coming tomorrow to work on ripping out more walls and ceilings.

Next week, hopefully is drywalling all of the naked walls.

I have started buying light fixtures, which is fun. I now visit Home Depot and Lowes every other day. No kidding.

It’s getting there. Thanks for staying tuned. xo

2 Comments:

Blogger ZooooM said...

LOVE the picture of kitty and Pop.

And that Jerome. Rolling in the plaster when he should be helping!

Is Logan going to offer frequent pipe miles? And HD and Lowes are going to name you customer of the year!

How many Jeromes does it take to change a light bulb?

11:44 PM

 
Blogger liannallama said...

Geez! Reading you blog makes me wonder why I'm ever tired! After all, I sit at a desk all day arguing with programmers and marketing types! No plaster, crawl spaces or ceilings! Whew--it's 10PM--I'm gonna get to bed!
:)

1:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home